Preparing business documents and copying important papers is a vital part of any business (of any size). The ability to quickly copy information for storage or distribution directly influences the productivity of employees and, consequently, improves the profitability of the company.
There are hundreds of models produced by various manufacturers. Before buying one or more such devices, you should do at least some research and identify the models with the best price to quality ratio. Or at least the models that offer all the options you require. Fortunately, we’ve done most of the research for you.
How to Choose
- The machine should have at least the three core functions: copy, print and scan.
- Don’t forget to look at the cartridge specs. How much does the cartridge last? How much does it cost to replace or refill the cartridge?
- The speed of printing is a very important factor if you constantly copy or print hundreds of pages.
- Office space is a commodity, so you should be looking at copy machines that are not overly bulky. The smaller, the better; but don’t sacrifice other features for tiny devices.
- Keep reliability in mind. Well established manufacturers tend to make more reliable products. They also offer service for their products for many years.
1. Canon imageCLASS D550 Laser
- is a versatile copier that is able to do 2-sided operations (scanning, copying and printing).
- The speed is very good, with the copier being able to output up to 26 pages per minute (ppm). The automatic document feeder can store up to 50 sheets.
- The paper cassette is relatively large, being able to hold 250 sheets. The single cartridge system is designed to minimize refilling costs.
- The Canon imageCLASS comes with extensive options, including poster, watermark, page composer, and even a toner saver mode.
2. Canon imageCLASS D530 Monochrome
- The Canon imageCLASS D530 is a monochrome unit, so it prints and copies in black and white only. However, it is able to scan in color.
- The unit is very fast, with a copy being ready in 8.7 seconds. The maximum speed it a whopping 26 pages per minute.
- The D530 works with all Windows operating systems (XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10) and with many Mac OS X versions (from 10.5.8 onward).
- It comes with the ID Card Copy feature, which is able to convert small two-sided documents to a one-sided document automatically.
- The front loading cassette can accommodate up to 250 sheets and the Canon copier also has a 1-sheet multipurpose tray
3. HP Envy 4520 Wireless
- The great thing about the HP Envy 4520 is that it can print wirelessly. The unit can also scan and copy your documents at a maximum rate of 20 pages per minute.
- You can print documents right from your smartphone using the wireless connection. The Envy 4520 support borderless printing (for photos) and two-sided printing (to save ink).
- Using the HP Printer Control, you can scan document directly to your computer or mobile device.
- The effective 2.2-inch (5.5-cm) LCD display displays all relevant information. It is also touch-enabled.
- Setting up the HP 4520 is a simple procedure because the unit comes with all the necessary drivers and software right out of the box.