If you want to live a healthy life and keep health problems away, you need to engage in physical activity. You don’t need to lift weights and spend thousands of dollars on expensive gym equipment. Using the weight of your body is often all it takes to get rid of the few extra pounds and take care of your health. Doing pull-ups daily is a sure fire way to build a great-looking physique. And the standing pull up bar may be just what you’ve been searching for. Many of these bars are designed as full fitness workout stations, so you can perform a variety of other exercises as well.
How to Choose
The first thing to look at is the dimensions of the bar. The pull up bar needs to be adjustable and it would be great it is also portable. Other things to keep an eye on:
- Look at the mount. You shouldn’t have to drill holes into your walls to install the bar.
- Materials are important. The materials must be resistant and the entire bar should have a sturdy feel to it. If you want to use the bar outdoor, ensure the materials are coated with anti-corrosive paint.
- Does the unit come with any bonus accessories? Perhaps a pair of gloves or some maintenance accessories?
1. Cap Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand
- The Cap Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand is 85 inches high, 50 inches wide and 46 inches deep, so it ensures plenty of exercising space.
- The frame is constructed out of resistant tubular steel. The gauges of the steel are 12 and 14.All steel parts are welded together and the overhead station is welded to the mounting plates.
- Stability and durability are greatly enhanced by the double gusseted vertical bars.Also, caps are included for all open frame ends to prevent injuries and prevent humidity from getting inside the steel frame.
- Although bonus accessories are not included, the rack is covered by 3 powder coats for greatly increased durability. The stand can be used outdoors and humidity won’t affect it.
2. Stamina 1690 Power Tower
- The Stamina 1690 Power Tower enables you to do more than just pull-ups. You can also perform triceps dips, push-ups and even sit-ups. With a bit of imagination, you can perform other fitness exercises as well.
- All open ends come with caps and the steel frame is quite sturdy and resilient. In addition, the freestanding design is made to take little space.
- The dimensions are 81.5 inches tall, 50 inches wide and 31.5 inches deep – this means you get enough space for all kinds of exercises.
- The weight capacity is 250 pounds, so the frame is rather solid. If you want a stronger you, then the Stamina Power Tower is the choice for you!
3. Weider Power Tower
- The Weider Power Tower comes with padded handgrips for perfect pull-ups that add muscle and definition to your forearms, triceps and back.
- The Power Tower can also be used for other exercises such as push-ups and tricep dips. All handles have comfortable handgrips that will not slip.
- In addition, you can perform vertical knee raises with ease, taking advantage of the cushioning on the armrests. These exercises will sculpt your core and develop the coveted six-pack.
- The vinyl cushions are sewn and contain foam for the best cushioning effect. The material is not only soft and pleasant, but also quite durable.
- This workstation is made out of steel tubing and is very sturdy. You can safely use it outdoors as well!