During the first year of his life, your baby is very vulnerable to most kinds of diseases and illnesses. Did you know that the main cause for these illnesses are harmful bacteria that are found all around us? By not sterilizing your baby’s bottles and tits, you are exposing him to all of these bacteria and germs. Your baby can become ill and this is the last thing you, as a responsible parent, want. So, how do you prevent germs and bacteria from getting into your baby’s gear? The solution is actually pretty simple: you sterilize the gear using natural steam. The reasons for this are obvious.
Why Use It? The Benefits of a Steam Sterilizer
The wellbeing of your little one is your number one priority. How can a bottle steamer help you?
- unlike soap and detergents, steam is natural and does not leave any residue behind.
- a product like this is able to kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and germs.
- steaming causes complete sterilization, whereas boiling leads only to disinfection.
- an electric bottle steamer kills bacterial spores as well.
How to Choose a Baby Bottle Steamer
These products come in different shapes and have different functions. Some of the things to consider before you decide on a steamer are:
- The capacity. How many bottles can the steamer sterilize at once?
- Helpful functions. A good product can not only sterilize the bottles, but also dry them. Also, you want the steamer to have a sensor that automatically shuts the unit off when the bottles are dry.
- Speed. How fast can the steamer sterilize the bottles? Usually an hour is more than sufficient.
- The dimensions. Smaller products are more portable and can be taken on trips.
Keep in mind that some products are better than others. Below, we present the best steriliser units available on the market today.
1. Wabi Plus Version
- It takes this baby bottle electric steamer just 8 to 15 minutes to completely sterilize the bottles. The smart sensor automatically shuts down the unit when the steaming is complete.
- It can dry your bottles in 30, 45 or 60 minutes – depending on your choice.
- Use the steamer to store the bottles in a germ- and bacteria-free environment until you need to use them.
- The steamer is able to sterilize and dry up to 8 standard size baby bottles simultaneously.
- Operating this unit is as simple as it can be: pour water, place the bottles and press the button.
- The unit also has a countdown timer so that you can easily track the time.
2. UviCube UV Sterilizer
- UV light destroys the DNA of microorganisms, so it is able to kill over 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- UviCube is large enough to hold all of your baby’s gear, including bottles, utensils, cups and pacifiers, in an environment that is free of germs and bacteria.
- Use this UV sterilizer to sterilize anything from toys and bottle tits to mobile phones and remote controls.
- You don’t have to boil water or use soap or detergents that can put your little one’s health at risk. UV light is 100% safe and leaves no residue.