There are literally hundreds of gaming laptops you can choose from today – dozens of manufacturers make them. This is exactly why it is so difficult to choose a good product And the fact that you have a budget of less than $600 doesn’t make choosing easier either. However, rest assured that there are laptops that you can buy and that will surely meet your expectations. You just need to do the research and pick the best choice. To help you out, we’ve already done most of the research and compiled a list of the best gaming laptops under $600.
How to Choose
There are a few things you need to know about the various components that make up a great device. You must look at:
- The video card. You should aim for a laptop with dedicated graphics card (GPU).
- The screen size.You need a screen of at least 15 inch – however, 17 inch is better. For the best image quality, you need a high resolution; full HD works, but you should aim for 4K.
- The CPU and RAM.Intel processors are very good for gaming and you should have at least 4GB of RAM.
- The battery.A laptop with long battery life will enable you to play for extended periods of time when you don’t have access to a power outlet.
1. Lenovo B50-80 80LT00H6US
- The Lenovo B50-80 has an HD Graphics 4400 video card that enables you to play most games on medium settings.
- The 15.6” LED-backlit display is large enough for playing games and the Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) is great.
- It has an Intel i3 processor running at 1.7 GHz and comes with 4 GB of high speed DDR3 RAM.
- The 4-cell lithium ion battery should last up to 4 hours of not too intensive gameplay.
2. Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679
- The Acer Aspire V5-572G-6679 comes with a great Nvidia GeForce GT 720M (2 GB VRAM) dedicated graphics card, which is perfect for gaming.
- The 15.6” LED display has a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels, which is not perfect.
- However, you get a fast Intel Core i5 processor running at 1.8 GHz and 6 GB of high speed DDR3 RAM.
- The battery life averages around 5 hours, which should be more than enough for most people.
3. Alienware ALW14-3437sLV
- Manufactured by Alienware, the ALW14-3437sLV is perfect for gameplay with its 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Core i5 processor running at 2.5 GHz.
- The display is 14 inches wide and has a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. Not great, but enough for playing games.
- You also get an Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M dedicated video card that has 2 GB of GDDR5 VRAM.
- The battery should last you for at least 3 hours (due to the high end specifications) of intense gameplay.
- The 1 TB hard disk drive is a great addition and ensures you have enough space to install all of the latest games. For the operating system, you get an 80 GB high speed SSD drive.